You must know Caroline Beach, don’t you? One of the beautiful beaches in West Sumatera, besides Carocok Beach, Air Manis Beach, and more. There is no doubt about the beautiful view of Sumatera Barat, the green nature overlay in West Sumatera Land. Besides, you also must know that West Sumatera has so many delicious culinary. One of them will be explained below. Check it out..
Sala Lauak From Pariaman
Sala lauak is one of the cuisines in Pariaman that have the form of a ping-pong ball. This cuisine is so delicious and recommended for spoiling the tongue of the cuisine lovers. Sala lauak is made of the rice flour, adding turmeric so that sala lauak is yellow. Besides, you will find the small fishes in there. So, Pariaman people named it Sala Lauak. The taste is crunchy outside and creamy inside, that is what makes this cuisine is different from the other. Sometimes your teeth chew the small fishes inside.
Let’s check the receipt here.
- 400 gr of the rice flour
- 500 ml of the boiled water
- A salted fish of peda, fry, and slice it into pieces
- 2 sheets of fresh turmeric leaf, smooth slice
The Meshed Ingredients
- 8 items of red chili
- 5 cloves of red onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2cm of turmeric
- 2cm of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
How To Make
- Put the rice flour and the sliced fresh turmeric leaf into the frying pan, stir-fry about 5 minutes.
- Mix well the boiled water with the meshed ingredients in a big bowl. After that, pour the mixture into the spiced rice flour and mix well. Wait for it to cool down. Knead it with hands until dough.
- Take the dough about the size of the ping-pong ball, put the sliced salted fish into it. Make it ball again.
- Deep fry in the hot olive oil until it turns into brown-yellow.
Sala lauak is not just famous in Pariaman, but also in the whole Indonesia even in the overseas, like in Malaysia. Sala lauak from Pariaman is bigger than sala lauak from Padang. In Padang, the salted fish is not too tastier than in Pariaman.
You can get in at half-cook that can survive until two days or you also can buy the cook one as a meal for your family.
-Have Your Cooking Experience-
- kinciakincia.com/ Sala Lauak Pariaman Nikmat
- travel.detik.com/ Sala Lauak, Camilan Khas Pariaman
- Personal Experience